Aubrey O' Day & D. Woods' Response To Slim Thug..

Earlier this week, we know Slim Thug released a statement reguarding black women which stirred up so much controversy, not that I care so much about it, I just happen to read a response that I totally agreed with in which Aubrey O' Day and D. Woods (formal members of Danity Kane) had to say about it.

Click HERE for the statement Slim Thug released

& Here's Part-Of-Danity Kane's response;

“Successful black men are extinct. We’re important.”

Please. Drop the delusions of grandeur, gents. We see right through you! This paper-thin layer of unjustifiable ‘swagger’ and pseudo-confidence is simply masquerading the vulnerability and self-doubt of the modern day man. The subtext is clear… spineless men of all creeds are waving the proverbial white flag of defeat. Unable to cope with the demands of a new class of empowered, strong-willed and fiercely independent women, they’ve resorted to projecting their insecurities on those that, god forbid, expect them to live up to their potential.

Let’s be clear. This is not a race issue. It’s yet another twist on the age-old enigma that is gender relationships. Despite what you may have read, I’m a White girl that couldn’t cook to save her life, treats no man like a king and certainly doesn’t obey dictatorial male ego, even if it means my job… but I certainly can cater to deserving men who are secure enough to take on the challenge of a strong woman. We can be loud, opinionated, and rebellious, and we make no apologies for it. It’s not a Black thing, or a White thing. It’s a women thing, and trust me when I say that the sooner you men come to realize it, the better off you’ll be.

Hollow diatribes like this, reeking of machismo and senseless boasting, are nothing new. Just a transparent attempt to silence the collective female voice. It’s telling that what the author likes best about his Ivy League educated girlfriend is that she “do all the shit that I say.” She’s apparently a “smart girl, too," but no surprise that that he ranks that trait a distant second behind obedience.

And, sidebar… What’s it mean to “stand by your man”? As far as I’ve witnessed from thinkers such as this, its simply code for wanting their women to sit idly by as they lie and cheat their way through the relationship. Please me, but don’t bitch when I’m pleasing your sister and best friend, or blatantly lying to your face about the weekend’s captivating conquests! I suppose it’s our fault for not ‘standing by you’? Forgiveness is one thing. Asking women to turn a blind eye, and “bow down," is quite another.

No woman wants to be a man’s pawn. Relationships are meant to be a joint venture, not a form of employment if only fitting the appropriate ‘wifey’ credentials. I’d shudder to think that all men harbor the views championed by the Thug named Slim. I’m waiting for a knight in shining armor to prove me wrong, but after reading an article like this… once again, I won’t hold my breath.

This came from Aubrey? Who would have known lol.

(articles via Vibe.com)

. Bookmark the permalink.